bullet proof a/c blower

I finally had to replace the a/c blower in my D. I wanted to find something
with a larger/faster motor that turned in the proper direction, but couldn't
find one. There is a style of motor that is larger (and I suppose faster)
that fits perfectly, but it spins the wrong direction. I could fix this by
reversing the polarity, but I want to keep everything on the car Negative
Ground. I suppose it would be feasible to rearrange the electricals inside
the motor, but it would be a lot of work. I might try that someday.

For now I put a new PJ Grady motor on there, and it works great. But I
didn't want this new motor to go bad for the same reason that the old one
did. The OEM was noisy ever since I had the car (with 8600 miles on it).
It since got worse (spraying lithium oil in there helped some) and
eventually developed dead spots. I would have to pull the rubber hose
loose, stick my finger in there and give it a spin. The last time I tried
that it ate my finger nail.

Why the OEM blower went bad is because condensate from the a/c seeped into
the motor and rotted everything out. It rusted the bearings and corroded
the brushes. So with the new blower, I sealed all the seams on top with
silicone caulk. It is okay to seal these because the blower is cooled from
air circulating through a vent hole on the top under the squirrel cage where
water can't seep in. On most other cars the a/c blower is either mounted
sideways or upside down, so gravity won't allow water to puddle around the
rear bearing.

Do any of you think this was a good idea? Does water actually puddle on top
of the blower or is this just a general humitity problem that can't be
avoided?

Walt Tampa, FL