Part Throttle "bucking"...

Hi Folks,
A few weeks back I posted a question based on my problem with my D
having a "Deceleration Problem". Wow, thanks for all of your reply's
especially that of DMCjoe.

Well, I've learned a lot since then - but not enough to solve my
problem. But, I figured I'd repost what I've learned and maybe ask
for some more responses to see if I can't get more enlightenment from
others here that have more experience than I.

First, I have learned to better describe my problem as a "Part
Throttle" bucking or severe hesitation problem. Because upon HEAVY
acceleration - the problem does not exist. Nor does it exist during
an idle or during level cruising (as long as you keep the lightest
touch on the accelerator.

The problem does NOT exist when the engine is cold, or even cold-warm.
But gets worse as the engine comes up to temperature.

Also, based performing some diagnostics (thanks DMC Joe!- and the
Bosch K-jetronic book) I have learned it is NOT: a vacuum leak, all
of the vacumm hoses are now new, so is the vacuum thermal valve that
sits under the intake. It is not the frequency valve, the O2 sensor,
or the RPM relay. (By the way, if you have an oscilloscope handy -
this makes this a breeze to test! Anyone nearby me in Clearwater is
welcome to borrow mine if needed).

I believe I have it down to a specific area or circuit. I'm now left
looking at a few components: The Control pressure Regulator, the cold
start injector, or the (ugh) fuel distributor.

The car is running VERY rich. (black, rich smeeling exhaust is
obvious). It gives every symptom of a carburated engine that is being
choked - having too much fuel or not enough air. Although, I'm
reasonably confident the airflow sensor plate and those circuits are
working well.

Knowing everything I've bored you with here - I'd be grateful for any
more advise.

Thanks
Eric Peterson
Vin# 5557