Re: [DML] towing a delorean

You are absolutly correct about tongue weight. When I first trailered
my "D" in an enclosed trailer I had a lot of trouble with sway even
with a hitch with sway control. I tried moving it into different
positions foward and back but I couldn't move it foward enough. When I
realized that most of the weight is in the back I backed it into the
trailer and have been doing so ever since. The only drawback is that
it isn't the easist car to back up especially into a trailer! Now I
know why they backed it into Doc's trailer in the movie!
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, tonilfhs98@xxxx wrote:
> I have towed it backward on a car carrier at highway speed (65 mph)
for 300
> miles with no problem. I did TAPE DOWN the rear louver with
ducktape because
> of concern of it catching the wind and fly off. The reason of
towing it
> backward is due to the weight distribution on the trailer. I was
concern
> with the tongue weight being too light if it was towed forward. The
weight
> of the D is mainly in the rear of the car (60/40 if I remember it
correctly)