Clutch Problem (with D)

Last night, I was visiting a friend up at a college about an hour
from where I lived. It was chilly, but not cold (in the 40s). When
I got into my DeLorean to drive home, I started her up and when I let
the clutch go in neutral, there was the awfull squeaking sound,
changing tone as the engine was idle-hunting. It sounded similar to
a slipping belt. Last year, a few weeks before I put my car in
storage for the winter, I could hear a similar squeak, but I simply
thought it was the original AC idler bearings going bad. The
bearings are new now, but I dont even have the AC belt on the car
right now! When I pushed in the clutch, I could hear a grumbling
whining sound for a few seconds, then the squeak stopped but there
was a remeniscent grumble after the whine had "spun down". After
driving the hour home (99% freeway, hardly any shifting) I was
sitting at a light and the squeak and whine were no longer there, but
the rumble still remained when holding the clutch pedal. I'm going
to guess this is the bearings inside the clutch, but since thats more
work than I want to do (already got out of it once, some of you may
recall) I'm looking for alternatives. Thanks.

Jim Reeve
MNDMC - Minnesota DeLorean Club
DMC-6960