RE: DAILY DRIVER DMC

 Adam,

Well myself being in college, I can certainly understand what your dilemma
is. I am currently a 4th year college student and I want a Delorean more
than anything. I have pictures of the Delorean on my walls, I LOVE BTTF, I
read JZD's autobiography, I had a Delorean AIM Icon and all the other stuff.
I am totally in love with this car. But you should realize what I have
realized: it must wait until your finances are ideal for ownership.

I never like bearing news that bring people out of ambition and back into
'real life' so to speak, but from all I have learned the Delorean is NOT a
good car to own at such a young age. I really didn't know this until I
secured the enthusiast's job of a lifetime: working for Rob Grady. I worked
with Rob over the summer and I came in wanting to learn all about the car I
could and I did. I saw how frustrating the car is. I saw how much it costs
to maintain! My god it truly is a money pit. It is absolutly true that the
'Rule Of Twenty' stands and it WILL happen to the Delorean you end up
owning. I've seen people with $20K cars and it needs bairly any work. I've
seen cars that people bought for $15K and it needed some minor things and
one or two major things. Then I've seen some shit boxes that you couldn't
pay me to take. What I'm getting at is that it is an expensive car to own.

I don't know if you've driven a Delorean, but it does take getting used
to. I had the opportunity to drive one a few blocks for the first time
while at PJ Grady's and I had trouble getting used to the 'cockpit' style of
the interior and the fact that the tail of the car extends a few feet past
the rear glass. Not an ideal car if you are not an experienced driver.
I've never been in an accident and I delivered pizza for three years and I
still couldn't handle the D with precision.

I know I will get my car. But I have come to terms that now is not my
time and I happily drive my '92 plymouth sundance. But I keep myself in the
loop by subcribing to this list, making Delorean friends, getting a Delorean
job and attending Delorean events. By learning all I can now, I will avoid
a $20K mistake two or three years down the road. If I'm going to do it, I
will do it right. I highly suggest you do the same.

I wish you the best in your search to live the dream. Remember to not get
emotional on the first car you look at. There are always deloreans for
sale. You will find the right one. Check for frame rust, run a carfax
report and call Rob Grady or any other Delorean service place for the full
repiar records so you get what you pay for. Good luck and may we both live
the dream in the near future.

-Aaron Crocco

Have you moved into the Net City yet? Come see your new favorite
neighborhood!

Your Net City.Com

http://www.yournetcity.com