idle adjustment screws...?

Hey all,

i just read on a website that the DeLorean engine doesn't use the three brass
idle screws on top of the air induction manifold right next to the
microswitch. when my car wouldn't start due earlier this year i watched the
mechanic tweaking these three screws. i don't know if he used them to get it
to run, but i remember watching him play with them while trying to get it to
idle correctly. he eventually figured out the problem was the brass tube
from the idle speed motor wasn't lined up well giving me a huge vacuum leak,
and after some CO tweaking (i had played with the CO myself before that) he
got it running again, and it's been ok since, with the exception of a rough
idle sometimes.

what would happen if someone did play with these screws on a healthy DMC
motor? would it hurt anything if i checked them and screwed them down like
they should be in the DeLorean application? or should i just leave 'em be?

Andy

Soma576@xxxx
1982 DeLorean DMC-12 VIN#11596
Fargo, ND 58102