RE: [DML] Front License Plate

***** Moderator's Note *****
The DML does not condone violating any local statutes regarding
license plates. Brackets are available from all of the DeLorean
vendors for non-invasive mounting of front license plates.

Please consider this thread closed.

*****

Minnesota has the double plate as well, However having the Big D for almost
6 months now I still have not put on the front plate. I keep it in the car
just in case. As far as being inconspicuous, well I gave that up when I got
a DeLorean. I haven't been stopped yet but I did ask an officer about it.
He said that what would probably happen is that if the police did notice I
didn't have one on then they would write out the ticket to say that I have
30 days to get it on there. Just like they do with a broken tail light or a
burned out head light. Personally I have no intention of putting it on
there until I am required to. Even if after all of that you still have a
great excuse to not put on one. If stopped and asked why I didn't put on
the front plate I will explain that this is a classic car (at least in
Minnesota), and that I didn't want to change the way it looks or drill
holes. I think this is not only logical but showing that you care about
that car. If after all of that you still get ticketed then all I can say is
you're having a bummer of a day.

VIN 1118.

Jay Jones, CNE
First Federal Bank