The DOA

I joined last year, I thought it was the thing to do. The $60
membership that entitles one to a quarterly glossy magazine was a little
hard to take but what the heck, it was the thing to do.

Slowly the "them" vs "us" mentality became evident. I don't know the
why of it but it's certainly there. We're not one big happy group
working together for the greater good of all, far from it. I haven't
been on board long enough to know the details but it's certainly
obvious.

I won't be renewing my membership, why compound an error. I'm very
pleased that DMC Houston is putting out a quarterly putting their spin
on things. I'm signed up, I thought it was a major coup to have the
first tech article by Knut.

I must admit I'm a nuts and bolts type, pictures of gatherings don't do
a lot for me, particularly if all the doors are raised in the air. My
mind is always saying "close the damned doors." I think it's a great
looking car with the doors closed. Doors are to get in and out of or to
talk to someone curbside, not raised in the air upon any occasion like
some mindless robot. So I'm a heretic, I have an '82 and an '83, love
'em, keep 'em in good condition and drive them whenever I can
manufacture an excuse. I have kind of a wild mind (like Dick Ryan) so
can usually come up with something.

Best thing about the "World" is the ads (IMAO), best way to find out
what's new with Rob and Bob and the others. I'm sure they will be on
board with the Houston effort. DOA was the only action in town, now
there's an alternative

I'm not noted for my accurate predictions but if DOA had a stock issue
I'd be selling short!

Cheers!