Re: Re.Re. Striker Pin Modification

I don't think this is the best way to fix this problem. If you have an
early car and can't adjust the anchor pin enough to get the door to
close a better way is to enlarge the hole in the fiberglass behind the
pin to allow the pin to move further in the direction you need. If you
want to cover the hole the "D" venders sell a rubber grommet that goes
over the pin. Since you welded your pin it may now be too brittle
because of the heat and it could break off and let the door open. I
suggest you replace it or at least anneal it so it won't break.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757