Control Pressure Regulator Update #2.

I went to the local BOSCH service center. They wanted almost $600 for
a new CPR! The guy behind the counter then proceeded to tell me that
this was a "really rare part", and that BOSCH doesn't make rebuild
kits for them. Let alone make the part itself anymore. He then went
on about how it would be a special order item that he would have to
track down. I then told him it was a common part from any motor that
uses a K-Jetronic fuel injection system. I then gave him examples of
other common cars in the US that use the system, and this part
(Volvo, Porsche, Mercedes, etc...). He stood there scratching his
head. I followed my gut feeling and left.

The local Volvo dealership had 2 parts matches, but didn't know which
one to use. 1 CPR was $270, and the other was $386. Price isn't as
high as a priority as getting the right part is. Next paycheck, I'll
be ordering a new unit thru DMC Houston.

Maybe I expect too much, but I shouldn't be have to guide the guy
behind the counter thru his computer system in order to find the part
(dealership). And when I go into an official BOSCH service center,
the mechanic in the garage wearing the "BOSCH Certified" shirt should
be able to name a major part as soon as I hand it too him. A step
further, when I tell him what part it is, he should know it's
function. He shouldn't have to go into the back to consult with
others. I even saw the guy do the same with an ignition coil off a VW
beetle!

In closing, stick with a DeLorean vendor to get the correct part you
want. Luckily the only thing I lost was some gas and time running
around town. Don't trust your car/parts to yokels! Stay with DeLorean
specific vendors and mechanics who know your car!

-Robert