RE: door openers

Kayo - thank you for your response. I would have just sent this directly to
you, but since this thread is running on the list others may be interested.
For the record, I have not sold any of my door opener kits to Rob. I did
provide him information on how my kit works, but no pieces. So if you saw
something there, chances are it wasn't from me. It doesn't really matter -
as I said earlier there is no big mystery to these things. It is just an
off-the-shelf keyless entry unit, some high quality motorized actuators,
linkage, and instructions. Anyone with a little ingenuity could come up
with the same. Just don't use solenoids - there is no reason to, and you're
asking for trouble if you do.

Now, as if I haven't stirred up things enough, did you know that you can
replace your expensive, troublesome door lock solenoids with inexpensive
gear driven actuators? My car has used them for years, using the original
relay, with no problems at all. The wiring is a little involved (4
additional common relays) but its not that difficult.

--
Darryl Tinnerstet
Specialty Automotive