Re: [DML] FINALY this is my airbox!

Casey,

You made the thing out of metal! Gasp! Just after we were told on this
list that metal conducts heat too much and doesn't make a good air box. But
then I have seen many cars with metal air boxes, and your design really
doesn't use that much metal.

We have heard on this list before that DMC Houston is coming up with Stage
1, 2, 3, etc engine upgrades and that some of this includes a better air
intake and exhaust system. Can you or anyone else venture to say what kind
of air intake DMC Houston is cooking up?

Where did you learn to weld stainless steel like that? It looks like a
great job. Do you think there could be any additional improvement by lining
parts of the stainless with a thin layer of foam insulation (which probably
wouldn't look too good). Or maybe you could make the whole thing out of
Lexan? I have seen people do creative things with shaping Lexan using a
heat gun.

When you are in production, I think I want one. :)

Walt Tampa, FL