Re: Acceleration Lag

The problem may be that you are expecting a little more out of this
car than it was designed to deliver.

It sounds like you are revving it up and "dropping" the clutch. In
most high performance cars the tires would spin. In the DeLorean, you
are simply burning up your clutch, since that is where the slipping
occurs (rather than between tires and pavement). With the heavy rear
wieght bias and large tires, and relatively high axle ratio, it is
difficult if not impossible to spin the tires on a stock DeLorean on
dry pavement. If you keep testing this you will soon get to see and
experience what a failed clutch looks and drives like.

If I am misunderstanding you, my other guess would be that your
clutch is already on its way out.

Dave Swingle

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "Willie Mack" <wmack@xxxx> wrote:

> My Delorean is a 5 speed manual. It seems that no matter how high
I put the