Remote Door Openers (same subject, different topic).

Remote Door Openers (same subject, different topic).

Ok, I know there's been alot in the past few days said about remote
door openers, etc... So, this kinda sparked something in me to try
and get mine functioning (not again, but for the first time!). After
a bit of researching on the internet/FCC codes on the module, I've
determined that I have the "Shaved Door Handle Kit" by VPA installed
in my car. After a little more researching, I discovered that this
kit has been used on DeLoreans before (google search linked to the
DML back issues, but nothing related to my situation there). So, here
are the problems that I'm having with the kit that hopefully someone
can help me out with them :)

1. Remotes work intermidantly. (they will respond to "learning", but
won't always arm/disarm etc...)
2. Alarm doesn't go off when doors are opened.
3. Engine kill doesn't work when system is armed.
4. Drivers door refuses to open. (solenoid will click, but nothing
happens)
5. Valet mode doesn't seem to work.
6. Wires run thru to the doors get HOT! (is this normal?)
7. Dome lights do not turn on when disarmed, but the clearance lights
do!

On another note, I have no idea as to wheather or not the auto
lock/unlock feature works. My passenger side solenoid is fried, so
the control module is disconnected.

Any relays that may be installed are located under the bracket in the
relay compartment. So I'll need to remove that to see what exatly is
connected down there.

On a side note, I would reccomend that anyone considering this kit
AVOID IT! Past notes all seem to indicate that it was difficult to
install, and I recieved a VERY rude response when I called VPA
directly to try and obtain an installation guide to help me sort
things out. I wasn't asking for tech support, just a copy of an
installation/owner's manual. The guy then told me I'd have to fax
pictures of my module and wiring harness to him so he could determine
which system I had.

If anybody has any of these items, I'd love to get a copy to try and
work things on the system out. And if anyone is looking for a kit to
install into their own car, take my advice. No matter which product
you choose, BUY FROM A DELOREAN VENDOR! No matter what, all the
products will be designed to work with your car, and you'll have the
service and support you can expect from a typical DeLorean vendor.

-Robert