Re: [DML] Battery master switch?

One of the options I plan on implementing comes as a result of competing in
Robot Wars (Battlebots in the US). Every robot is required to have a
"removable link" in the + line from the battery. This is a physical
connection without which the machine cannot draw current. In terms of load,
our machine is capable of drawing well in excess of 600A, with 300A being an
average load on the battery! A lot of people use the 175A Anderson connectors
as links, with the removable bit being one half of this two-pole connector
with a "U" in in it. They are small, lightweight plastic mouldings in
polycarbonate, with hoffing great big sliding contacts. They are two-pole and
genderless. This makes a superb security device as the terminals are
inaccessible and impossible to "jump" easily. the keyswitches used by a lot
of people can be pushed down with nothing more than the tip of a pencil.

http://www.andersonpower.com/

If you are looking for a high power relay, you could try these guys

http://www.albright.co.uk/

with a small auxiliary power supply, these could be a great remote
disconnect. Very reasonably priced too.

Martin