Re: [DML] Where is this valve??

Eric,

if you have small hands, the thermal control valve is located deep under the
air induction manifold and air meter assembly. you will never be able to see
it without removing those parts, you can't even see it from below the car.
you will have to take your hand and feel around for it. it is really right
where the picture shows it to be. there should be three hoses coming off of
it right in a row. i was able to find mine by holding a vacuum hose and
following it down until i found where it went down there. i'm a pretty small
guy so i can get my hand under there and i can feel all three hoses connected
to the valve.

perhaps some 'mechanic' couldn't find the thermal control valve so he just
hooked hoses up to other vacuum hoses? my advice to you would be to locate
the thermal control valve - if you can't, find another owner in the area who
is able to get his hand down there to verify its presence. you don't have
any non-stock engine modifications, do you? if you don't, i would go ahead
and get all new hoses and route them the way they should be. obviously the
thermal control hoses are the hardest. but be careful - if your car runs
now, there's a good chance it won't run when you done because in order to get
the car to run the way it is now (if it really is messed up), they probably
had to play with some other things. if you don't know what you are doing,
have a seasoned D owner help you out.

Andy

Soma576@xxxx
1982 DeLorean DMC-12 VIN#11596