Re: [DML] Dead speedo and hard shifting

1. In addition to checking the angle drive, you might check the lower
speedo cable. I have had several lower speedo cables croak on me and
the diagnosis is quite simple (the cable is also a lot cheaper than
the angle drive).

Incidentally, my lower speedo failure problem appears to be due to
lubricating the angle drive too much (my shop gives my angle drive a
shot with each oil change). As a result of grease being pushed into
the angle drive, the excess appears to push up the lower speedo cable
causing it to foul.

I uspect that if I simply have them disconnect the speedo cable
before lubing the angle drive the problem will be solved as the
excess grease won't foul the lower speedo cable. Maybe a lighter lube
would be beneficial as well.

Knut