Re: [DML] Great Delorean Day

Uhh - a minor faux paus, Bill - not DMC1 - DeLorean Motor Company
Houston.

Some other notes:

In the process of lifting the body from Rich Weissensel's project car
(in 5 hours Rich and a gang did a rolling frame swap on a car with
the rustiest frame I've ever seen!) we learned a couple of very
important lessons:

---If you are not trying to salvage the old frame, a Sawzall(tm) is a
very helpful tool;

---When working with multiple people, be very clear on the definition
of "loosen" with respect to body bolts, there's nothing quite like
seeing/hearing the frame (with the engine still in it!) unexpectedly fall partially out of a DeLorean on a lift;

---When doing a body-off, an in-ground lift has the support posts too
close together to pull the chassis out. We discovered this with the
chassis on the ground and the body 6 feet in the air. Can you say "Oh
s#$%"? Took a lot of sideways dragging but the group was able to get
it out without further use of the Sawzall. You really want to use a
twin-post lift for this.

Unfortunately I was too busy to take pictures so they will have to
come from somewhere else. Luckily Tamir and Bryan were there with
digital cameras in hand!

Dave Swingle

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, billschaferabn@xxxx wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What a great time we had in Napierville, IL today. Hats off to
DMC 1 on