Re: rank Delorean repairs

For a NOVICE, this is how I rank these projects. I have done almost
all of them myself, and I learned as I went, but I learn unusually
well. If you can quickly pick up on things and/or have small hands,
downgrade the difficulty I list here a tad.

1) replace door struts - EASY
2) electrical wiring problems/fuses - EASY-HARD
3) window malfunctions/replace window motor - HARD
4) Facia repair/replace - HARD
5) a/c repair or recharge - MEDIUM-HARD
6) replace headliner - MEDIUM
7) replace speedometer cable - EASY
8) install fan zilla - EASY
9) install tank zilla - EASY-MEDIUM
10) Stainless steel clutch cable - MEDIUM-HARD
11) Fuel pump - MEDIUM
12) re-cover seats - EASY-MEDIUM
13) upgrade alternator - MEDIUM
14) replace rubber lseal/moulding around the door - EASY
15) install lock zilla - EASY

Also, when I ranked the hard ones, I did it for a first-timer (many of
these get extremely easy once you've done it a few times [I can swap
fuel pumps in 5 minutes!]) and while the concept of many of these can
be very simple, actually doing it can be a pain, and I included that
with the ranking. But anything I say as EASY, absolutely ANYONE can
do.

Hope this helps. Good luck getting your D.

Jim Reeve
MNDMC - Minnesota DeLorean Club
DMC-6960
DMC-6960