Door Lock Module

Group, FYI. I know the door lock module get's a bad rap, and I'm not
trying to make a case for saving it, but let me tell you what I have
found. On my web site you will see version #1 Iss1 #23-425 and
version #3 Iss3 #23-409. These numbers are on the back of PC board.

There was considerable design change as you can tell and I was
wondering why some people have no problems with the door locks and
others do. I took mine out today and I have ver #4 #23-409 ( car vin
11004). Closely looking I found only one minor change on the PC board
placement of a diode, so for all purpose #3 and #4 are the same. But,
like I said I have no problems with my door locks. I also fuse it
with a circuit breaker at 15 amps not 35 or 40, so if there is a
problem with the solenoids or locking mechanism the breaker will trip
and then it's time to look for the problem. If you add a 40 amp
breaker, your adding to the problem of the breaker not being able to
trip and thus burning up the module. I now have replacement diodes
and relay's for inside the module which if they have never been
replaced, more than likly the relay's are burnt and one of the diodes
is chared or burnt.

I have also seen some unsoldered components and
some wire leads broke. My point is, if you want me to take a look at
your module I will and I have the parts to fix them.I think the early
ones may have been designed wrong and corrected later, so if you have
ver 1, it may not be worth saving. But 3 and 4 with new relay's and a
15 amp breaker may save some money. As far as them tripping on there
on, I know that if the door mechanizm doesn't accuate, then how would
they get power to turn on the locks. I think that problem is in the
door. I will look into it later.
Just some food for thought.
John hervey
http://www.specialtauto.com/talk-view.shtml