My Clutch

I've just uploaded a picture of my slave cylinder/clutch fork
connection to the files section. I would appreciate it if some of
the more technical folks take a look at it and tell me what they
think. In the picture you can see the push-rod from the slave
cylinder fully extended and the outer seal torn off. You can also see
the broken link between it and the clutch fork. I tried pushing the
rod back into the slave cylinder but couldn't. I guess my main
question is what direction is the top of the clutch fork normally
supposed to rest at? Twords the engine, or the front of the car?
Because I can run though every gear with the engine running like the
clutch pedal was fully depressed. And the top of the fork appears to
be twords the engine.

Here is the picture...