Re: Gas cap rust...

The (non-locking) gas caps ar very cheap...about $10 from a DMC parts
vendor. If you want to clean it up the best way is glass bead it or
you can use a dremel tool. To keep it from rusting again, paint it
with some POR-15...I used this on my chassis (had the entire thing
sandblasted then I painted it with the POR-15) and it is FANTASTIC!
never have a rust problem again and it is just as strong as powder
coating.

Steve