Re: [DML] Delorean Parts prices Then and Now

Re: [DML] Delorean Parts prices Then and Now

Claude - There isn't a new car being made today that you can't
make the same statement about. If you were to go up to the
parts counter at any Ford dealership and order all of the parts
you need to build a brand new Ford Focus, you will spend
about 3 times the price of the car fully assembled. Plus you
have to paint them and put them together. There are enough
reproduction parts you could assemble an early Mustang or
Camaro from completely new parts, for about $35,000. There
aren't many early Mustangs or Camaros selling for that kind
of money without verifiable history - and they rust! DeLorean
parts pricing is very fair and is obviously what the market
will bear.

You are always better off buying a fully restored car
than having one restored or restoring it yourself. There
are Very Few exceptions to this statement.

Mike