Re: Speedometer at DMC Houston

The speedo in this image is the first prototype that we had made for a
completely electronically driven speedometer. The fact that it is in a
completely metric cluster is just a coincidence, it was one that we happened
to have lying around to be fitted in.

We have yet to install it in a car or test it all, the idea behind it is to
eventually replace the angle drive completely with this item. We'll be
testing and refining this over the next year or so and gauge demand for it
at the same time. It's also dependent on the supply of angle drives, too, so
don't expect to see it available for sale until sometime late next year at
the earliest.

James Espey
DeLorean Motor Company
Houston, Texas