From: Payne
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, August 15, 2001 12:40 AM
Subject: [DML] Grinding

I'm still having my unusual grinding problem in fourth gear, so I think I
may have to pay a transmission shop to tear it open and find out what's
wrong. Even though it doesn't act like a worn synchro, I may have it
replaced anyway since I don't want to have the tranny torn apart twice if it
is the problem. However I wasn't able to find the fourth gear synchro in
the parts catalog. Is it still available? Also I'm having a problem with
second gear that is most likely the roll pin (so I'm told) because sometimes
it refuses to engage without grinding. Does anyone have the part number for
this or is it just a standard pin found at an auto parts store?

Thanks for all your help. If anyone has any advice it would be much
appreciated. The car has only about 61,000 miles so I can't imagine
anything else in the tranny should be too worn.

payne
proud owner of #2975