kinked fuel line woes

A previous owner had the accumulator replaced on my car, and they really
botched the job up. One of the metal fuel lines going to the accumulator is
kinked about 20 degrees. I need some advice on how to replace it.

Someone posted a message a while back about how to take the body far enough
off the frame to get in there to replace the fuel line. I checked the DML
archives, and they haven't been updated recently enough to have this post.
Could someone post another blow-by-blow procedure?

Also, could someone give me the particulars about what kind of metal line I
need to replace it with? Where do I get it? What size is it? Where do I
get those compression ferrell rings? Does the new fuel line need to be
shaped in any way before I slip it between the frame and body?

As for the flexible lines at the accumulator, I thought before that they
were imporperly replaced with low pressure lines. I took them of today and
found that they are the proper high pressure line, but they were leaking
anyway. Someone used a razor knife to cut the old line off the fittings
which put deep gouges in the brass. This made it impossible to get a proper
seal. They put hose clamps on the ends of the hoses, but this didn't stop
it from leaking.

I think that the flexible line might have been the wrong length. It was
48.5cm. Does anyone know the proper length for this line? It was badly
kinked before I took it off, and there was a worn spot where it had been
rubbing the frame. So I suppose it was too long.

Does anyone have replacement fittings for the high pressure line at the
accumulator? Mine are too badly scored to reuse, and the vendors say they
are in short supply. I need two for the high pressure line, and probably a
3rd for the low pressure return line.

Walt Tampa, FL