      1. Re: Brushed  stainless finish
           From: jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx
           From: jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx
           From: beatlesra1@xxxxxxx
           From: "Donald Ekhoff" <ekhoff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
           From: dclark@xxxxxxxx
           From: jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx
           From: "Kevin Abato" <delorean@xxxxxxxxx>
           From: srubano@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
           From: Travis Goodwin <tgoodwin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
           From: "Mike Griese" <mike.griese@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
           From: Bastiaan Olij <mux@xxxxxx>
           From: Mike Substelny <msubstel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     13. Re: New Owner
           From: "Joseph Molino" <foxmul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     14. Re: "Machined" Wheels
           From: "Walter" <Whalt@xxxxxxx>
     15. Re: delayed acceleration problem
           From: "Walter" <Whalt@xxxxxxx>
     16. Re: Brushed  stainless finish
           From: "Walter" <Whalt@xxxxxxx>
     17. RE: Happy Birthday DML  - and Houston was a blast!
           From: "Brian McCool" <bjmccool@xxxxxxxx>
     18. Re: delayed acceleration problem
           From: "Walter" <Whalt@xxxxxxx>
     19. Re: Detomaso Pantera ...gullwing?
           From: darren.cunningham@xxxxxxxxxx
     20. Re: Sunstar Model - Gold Delorean
           From: Mike Substelny <msubstel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     21. Re: Sunstar Model - Gold Delorean
           From: "Randy Atamaniuk" <martydmc12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
     22. Re: New Owner
           From: Jim Strickland <ihaveanaccount@xxxxxxxx>
     23. Lotsa new ads
           From: "David Swingle" <dswingle@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 03:14:38 -0000
   From: jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Brushed  stainless finish

Use #120 grit (or #80 grit if you're brave) with a sanding block and
very carefuly sand in the direction of the grain. Don't concentrate on
just one spot, you have to do an area or a whole panel. Use a piece of
masking tape to guide if needed. After you are satisfied (looking at
the surface from several angles) then you can finish with a blending
pad. Use the ones from a Delorean supplier as they are rougher than
what you can obtain locally. When you are done you will probably go
from panel to panel all the way around the car to make everything look
even and "good as new".
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "Stian Birkeland" <delorean@xxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
> I had my local garage remove a dent in my passenger side door (roof)
> They only had to heat the spot, pound a little and polish somewhat.
It's almost as good as new.

> My question now is: How do I get the original finish back? Its
polished right at the spot, I have tried using the scotchbrite with
the grain, but to no help. I mean, how long are you supposed to use
the scotchbrite before seeing any result?

> I'm tempted to try and scuff the spot against the grain, and then
with the grain again. Will that help?

> Best wishes
> Stian Birkeland
> Norway
>
> VIN # 06759

Message: 2
   Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 03:26:22 -0000
   From: jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Small oil leak...

Assuming it is engine oil then the most common sources are
1) sending unit on left side of engine.
2) bad copper seal on engine drain plug.
3) leaky crankshaft seal at flywheel.
4) bad valve cover gaskets.
Since you think it leaks when it isn't running the only one it can be
is the drain plug. Do you have to add engine oil? Have you checked the
 transmission? (I assume it is a 5-speed). What I would do is either
get the motor steam cleaned or gunk it yourself and watch where the
oil first starts to appear. Wherever it is sometimes you must follow
it up and foward as a leak will run down and back so it looks like it
is in one spot but it really is starting someplace else. Nothing can
replace getting under the car and putting an eyeball on the problem.
While you are under there inspect the undercarriage, suspension,
steering, exhaust, c-v boots, trailing arm bolts, brakes, tires, etc.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, RJRavalli@xxxx wrote:
> Okay, I've been dreading asking about this, fearing the response I
might get, but I figure I better do so sooner than later.  I have been
noticing a small oil leak that apparently occurs all the time, whether
or not the car has been running.  It is not a whole lot so it has not
been scaring me, but I figure I better find out what is going on.  It
seems to run in a straight "north-south" line right down the middle of
the engine.

> So how bad is my problem here?  The engine does have 140k miles on
it, but I hope it's not ready to be scrapped.  Any ideas?

> Thank you much,
>
> Richard

Message: 3
   Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 10:02:44 -0000
   From: beatlesra1@xxxxxxx

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, RJRavalli@xxxx wrote:
> Okay, I've been dreading asking about this, fearing the response I
might get, but I figure I better do so sooner than later.  I have
been noticing a small oil leak that apparently occurs all the time,
whether or not the car has been running.  It is not a whole lot so it
has not been scaring me, but I figure I better find out what is going
on.  It seems to run in a straight "north-south" line right down the
middle of the engine.

> So how bad is my problem here?  The engine does have 140k miles on
it, but I hope it's not ready to be scrapped.  Any ideas?

> Thank you much,
>
> Richard

Dear Richard,
I had the same thing and the problem turned out to be the small brass
ring that goes on the oil filter was missing, cost about 25 cents to
fix.

Chuck
Vin#6125

Message: 4
   Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 18:40:59 -0700
   From: "Donald Ekhoff" <ekhoff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: "Machined" Wheels

While I have not bead blasted De Lorean wheels I have bead blasted similar
castings and then clear coated the parts.  I do not think you would be very
happy with the results.  The bead blasting tends to accentuate the casting
porosity and the resultant surface is "fresh" but dull.  The clear coat then
just preserves the dull finish.  Silver paint is much more attractive. The
"machined" wheel would have a circumfrential scratch pattern that would
complement the finish on the car and reflect the light nicely.  Anyone with
a large lathe might be willing to give it a go local to you.   Good Luck!

Just an opinion.
Don Ekhoff