From: Jim Reeve [mailto:ultra@xxxx]
Sent: Monday, August 06, 2001 10:03 PM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DML] Re: Drippy AC

The casing should already have some insulation on it. The entire flat
bottom portion and the lower side walls on my unit have a thin piece
of foam covering most of each side. This seems to help with most of
the condensation. Also, when the AC is on in a closed car, the temp
with drop along with the humidity, so interior condensation will be at
a minimum. However I too had a clogged drain tube ealier this year.
But many of the leaks from it appeard to be condensation, so I was
stumped for a little bit. When I figered out it was glogged up it
actually took quite a while to get it cleared out. After an
unsuscessfull attempt to "suck" the blockage out, I blew it back in.
It drained a crapload of water, but clogged back up again the next
day. Here is where it is nice to have skinny little arms. I removed
the blower fan and the speed resistors, then reached my hand into the
evaporator casing. I pulled out a few handloads of crud.