Re: [DML] New Delorean commercial!

I agree. This comes up on the list once in a while. I even hesitate
to comment, but here goes.

We've had a "policy" of sorts among the moderators on the list that
this topic would be more-or-less ignored until we saw something
substantive in the "regular press" about it - meaning Car&Driver,
Autoweek, and/or the Wall Street Journal etc. If the so-called new
DMC is ever more than a joke or a hoax, it will be covered in those
places.

Joe is right - it is impossible to design and engineer a car anywhere
near production level, in secrecy. Look at what has gone on with
Carroll Shelby's latest effort, or the cars produced by Panoz
Motorsports. They are covered at every step of development. Even the
really big guys show prototypes to build excitement (and investment!)
years in advance.

Until then, there is nothing to talk about. Somebody is pulling your
(our)leg.

Dave Swingle

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe@xxxx> wrote:
> I've mentioned this before and I'll say it again. Until there is
coverage from notable publications like Motor Trend and Autoweek it
is extremely unlikely that there will be any public PR for a brand
new car. Keep in mind that the original DeLorean Motor Company was
receiving tons of industry press years before the first DeLorean
rolled out of the factory]