From: Soma576@xxxx
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2001 3:07 AM
Subject: [DML] a few tech questions

hey all,

i got my tranny fixed (2nd gear roll pin damage, new centerforce clutch and
slave cylinder) and everything works great. only problem is, my master
cylinder is a little leaky now so i have a HCR-series master from Grady
coming this week.

1. any tips on putting the master cylinder in or should i just follow the
shop manual?

2. when i got my car back from the shop (after almost 3 weeks) i drove it
out and the steering was REALLY stiff, like it would be normal for about a
6th of a turn, then it would get super stiff, then better, then stiff, kinda
randomly yet it was jerky. it did this on left AND right turns i believe.
i've driven the car all day today and it has gotten a lot better but there
are still hints of the problem. any idea on what the deal is and how i can
fix it? i bought some 90 weight gear oil but what do i do with it?

3. now my battery light keeps flickering and my volts are dropping down to
around 12 volts (and that's when the light flickers). it goes up and down
randomly, and it seems to fluctuate most when i hit a bump. i checked the
battery connections and they are tight. it didn't seem to do it as much when
i turned off my interior fans (i had them on VENT), OR when i was coasting
rather than accelerating (when it seemed to do it more often) but it could be
my imagination. any ideas on what this could be?

4. i have an oil leak, a fairly small one. the oil pan bolts are wet on the
left side towards the muffler, and i can see wetness above the gasket line,
so it seems to be coming from somewhere else on the lower crankcase area. i
remember someone on the list mentioning the oil pressure sensor leaking, and
i checked mine and yup, it is wet around it and it doesn't look wet above it.
but it's bad enough where there were actually a couple drops on my driveway!
do i just need to replace the orange seal from behind/in the sensor or do i
need to do more than that? any other ideas?

ok, that's enough questions for now! if i can get these things answered, i'll
be doing pretty well i think!

thanks as always,
Andy

Soma576@xxxx