Re: a few tech questions

For question 1, follow the shop manual. Make sure you have a few rags
covering the chassis right below the clutch master so if any fluid
falls onto it the rags will protect the epoxy from the brake fluid.

For Question 2, I don't know what would be causing the erratic stiff
turning. Are any of the boots torn on the steering rack or appear to
be wet with gear oil? In order to fill the gear rack you have to
remove it from the car, take one of the boots off (I forgot which
one, Rob can help you with that) and fill it from there BUT you
should ONLY fill it with the specified amount, don't overfill it
(again Rob can help you with that one).

For Question 3, check your ground connection that goes from the
battery to the chassis. It will be bolted to the Trailing arm bushing
on the passenger side. It will be bolted to one of the bolts holding
the trailing arm busing to the chassis. Make sure its clean and
tight. Also check the two small wires (if the alternator is a Ducy)
or the one small wire (if it's the Motorola) and make sure they are
plug in and are making good contact. Those are the battery light
wires. You may also want to test the alternator to make sure it's not
on it's way out. Some places (like Pep Boys) test the alternators,
starters and batteries for free.

For question 4, replace the oil pressure sensor. When mine leaked, it
was leaking through the insulator seal right below the nut that holds
the wire to it. It was the sensor itself (not the seal) that leaked.

Steve

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, Soma576@xxxx wrote:
> hey all,
>
> i got my tranny fixed (2nd gear roll pin damage, new centerforce
clutch and
> slave cylinder) and everything works great. only problem is, my
master
> cylinder is a little leaky now so i have a HCR-series master from
Grady