Car always in neutral?!?!

Hello again,

My car decided to be a little bit...angry with me today. I wonder if this has happened to anyone else on the list. My car is vin 1217, early '81 with the automatic transmission. I had been driving today for about five minutes when I pushed the pedal down a little farther to accelerate up a hill. Instead of doing the normal thing a car does when you push on the gas (go faster), it revved REALLY high like it was in neutral. I revved it some more to make sure it wasn't a fluke, but all it did was go high into the RPMs. It behaved exactly like it was in neutral. Fortunately, I was able to pull into a park&ride and into a parking space. I tried the gas with the gear lever in reverse, neutral, drive, 2, and 1. Each one behaved exactly like neutral. I put it into park and the car acted like it was in park: The car didn't roll or anything. I turned the car off and back on again and it started perfectly. Same symptoms as before. I don't really know what to do, so in a few minutes I'm going to get it towed (flatbed, of course) to my local DeLorean mechanic, Brad Bean at FAME Automotive. Does anyone know what's wrong? I think it might be the stupid auto transmission governor/computer thing, but I have no idea. Any ideas? Help!!!!!!!!

Thanks!

Aaron King
vin#1217
Bothell, WA