Re: Car Shows

Our DeLorean was on display once at a community festival in western
Sydney. On a couple of occasions I had to tell people not to sit in
the car, so I wouldn't blame ya if you wanted to rope off your
cockpit.

During the day when our car was on display, two teenagers even jumped
in the D and started playing with the shifter and the controls and
stuff. I told 'em politely to get out, but it was quite annoying at
the end of the day to turn on the car and find the wipers and
indicators all on! So I guess I'll just stick to taking the DeLorean
to regular car shows where spectators know how to behave.

Rick
www.deloreanaustralia.com

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "Jason Rowe" <rowejj@xxxx> wrote:

> I got a question for everyone. After a year of
ownership I finally started taking my car to car shows.
> I've only been to 3 so far, 2 were actual car shows themselves and
one was a car show at street festival
> type event so there was a lot of people there not just for the car
show. My problem/questiom is since one
> of the unique things about the car is the doors abviously so I
leave them up but what I found is that people
> are not that respectful about cars when your at a festival and not
just a car show itself. I had 3 people help
> themselves to sit inside my car even with the Please Look but Don't
Touch sign in the window. I'm not sure
> if I want to take it to another event like that or not. So my
question is has anyone else had this happen and
> would it be considered "rude" or "stuck up" or something like that
if I was to maybe put something like
> yellow caution tape across the door opening to try and keep people
out or what? Does anyone else do anything
> like this?
>
> On a side note, I was surprised to see another DeLorean
at my last car show. It was a Dec. '81 build (2 months
> after mine) but the VIN number was 10403. Mine is 05903. Would this
other one be a Canadian Model or what?
> Why the large difference in VIN's? I asked the guy if he was on the
list but he said he wasn't so I tried to encourage