Re: I might be in trouble....

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "Jack Stiefel" <stiefel@xxxx> wrote:
A Whole Bunch of Stuff Leading up to:

> Inside the compartment, there had been a leak somewhere of coolent, and a
> sound emmenating from what seems like the middle of the engine, of sizzling
> and puffing sounds.
>
> I was thinking that maybe the water pump gave out, does seem logical??
>
> Help!!! :)
>
> Jack & Virginia Stiefel

Probably one of the two water hoses that come out of the back of the
water pump. In a fit of wonderful humor by the design engineers, you
have to remove the intake manifold to get to them. While your at it
replace the waterpump anyway.

If the waterpump itself fails, the leak will appear to be coming from
inside or just behind the pulley. If you look up from the ground you
will see a hole in the casting where the water comes out when the
seal fails.

If the water seems to be running out of the block, it is the hoses.

Look at http://www.dmcnews.com/Techsection/waterpumpDMC.html for a
bunch of photos and other info if you want to get into it yourself.

Dave Swingle