I might be in trouble....

It is abit late to call Rob Grady, so I decided to throw this out to the
list. I haven't run my D for a few weeks due to a fundraiser I was having
at my home and the need to prepare for 150 people. Today I had a cruise in
about an hour from home and decided to bring out the ol girl and have a
drive. Well it ran fine until I got to my parents house. I let it run a
bit while I talked to my father, and it overheated a bit. Only a very
little bit came out before I shut down the engine and let it cool off.
After a bit, I started it up and it ran fine, but was a bit on the hot side
all the way to a stereo shop I had to stop at on the way to the show. There
I let it cool off again and filled up the resevour -- it took quite a lot.

It ran just fine all the way to the cruise in and on the way home it got hot
a few times, but cooled off ok until about 15 min from home when it started
acting real funny.

1st off it would almost reach the 1st red hash mark on the temp gauge, then
the volts would drop to almost 8 or 9, then we heard a squeel from the
engine and the volts would come back up. SOmetimes the temp went back down
and sometimes it didn't.

Well not wanting to let the temps get real high, I decided to run a bit,
then shut down the engine and coast. We did this for about the last 3 miles
home. I was then able to take a look at the engine.

Inside the compartment, there had been a leak somewhere of coolent, and a
sound emmenating from what seems like the middle of the engine, of sizzling
and puffing sounds.

I was thinking that maybe the water pump gave out, does seem logical??

Help!!! :)

Jack & Virginia Stiefel
'81 DeLorean Vin 03461 Aug.1981 NYS Lic:1981 DMC
'97 Red BMW Z3 Convertible 6 cyl, not the baby 4
'99 Ford Expedition 4x4 Eddie Bauer Edition
'01 Black PT Cruiser Limited w/Flames
Visit us at www.sacketmansion.com