GVWR discrepancy

List,
While at the Marcus Dairy Cruise Night in Danbury, Connecticut, I noticed
something that was of particular interest to me. We had three DeLorean at the
show, an early '81 (my car) a late '81 (around VIN 6800) and an '83 (16509
owned by Frank Ehrismann). I happen to be checking out the VIN's of the other
two cars and it came to my attention that the GVWR of the two '81's were
listed at 3,180# and the '83 was listed at 3,244#.
Has anyone ever noticed this before. More importantly, is there an
explanation as to the additional 64#'s for the '83? I'm not sure of the GVWR
for 1982 models, but would suspect it to be the same as the '83.
Keep in mind, all three cars were manual shift, NOT automatics. Any ideas?
Any answers?

Joshua Schwartz
001292