From: Payne
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, July 27, 2001 10:55 PM
Subject: [DML] Where should my clutch grab?

Before I installed the stainless hydraulic line, my clutch used to grab
right off the floor. After I installed it the clutch now grabs at the top
of the pedal travel and feels very weak. Is this normal? The car had a new
centerforce clutch at 56,000 miles and it's only got 61,000 now so it
shouldn't be worn yet (I'm extremely easy on it). Is there a way to adjust
it? The old manual I have says the pedal free-play isn't adjustable, but
there's a nut on the master cylinder shaft that I can turn up or down.
Moving it doesn't seem to do anything so I'm wondering if I have to
disconnect the rod from the clutch pedal, twist it down, and then reattach
it?

Everyone's help is greatly appreciated!

payne