Loose steering?

Hi,
I think my DeLorean has developed a loose steering...
I will try to describe it...

When I drive the car, it feels firm and strong, but at no/low speeds, for instance reversing and/or making a turn down a small hill, the steering feels loose, i.e. the steering wheel let go completely to either the left or right side. It moves as far as it can go to either side.

If I'm reversing and for instance hits a bump in the road on the right side, the steering wheel moves to the left and vice versa. If I drive down a small hill and make a turn to the left, the steering will "let go" to the far left too.

What causes this...its rather annoying at low speeds...it feels sluggish...but a high speeds it handles perfectly.

I have replaced the steering wheel's u-joint + lower balljoints, but the problem is still there. Any suggestions?
What do I need to replace/adjust?

Best wishes :)
Stian Birkeland

VIN # 06759