Re: [DML] Air Vent Question

iqintermedia@xxxx wrote:

> My airconditioning will freeze your butt off...
>
> It only comes out of the doors though - for the life of me I can't
> get the heat or the air to come out the center console

[snip]

Your ducts are probably not properly connected to the back of your center
vents.

The vents are fed by soft rubber ducts behind the dashboard. Sometimes,
especially when someone has worked inside the dash, the ducts slip off.
Because they are soft rubber they just sort of wilt and no air gets to the
vents. You can tell when this happens because your air conditioner will be
blowing some cold air through your cassette deck.

The vent grilles snap out. Will great patience (and long tools like screw
drivers) you can usually slip the rubber ducts back in place through the open
vents without disassembling the dashboard. I fixed mine several years ago
and the problem has not recurred.

- Mike Substelny
VIN 01280
8 years