Bolts on hinges/gullwing door

I want to replace the bolts on the gullwing doors simply because of appearance. They look bad and rusty. The bolts Im talking about are the ones securing the hinges on the door.

Now, can I replace them one by one? Is this a safe procedure or do I have to relax the torsion bars?
What I want to do is take the bolts one at a time when the doors are up. Loosen one, then replace it, then the next one etc.

Also, can stainless steel bolts be used or is there a stress factor involved here? I dont want the bolts to suddenly break!

Last question, what is the correct size on the bolts securing the hinges to the door?

Best wishes
Stian Birkeland
Norway