Warning: Paradise Motorsport!

This message is for any Delorean owner in the chicagoland area,

After two months I just got my Delorean back from a repair facility in
Lombard IL named Paradise Motorsport. The only request that I had was to
make the A/C work, and get 5th gear working again.
It was quickly apperant that they had no clue how to get 5th gear back,
right now 3rd is where 5th should be. In any case I had them fix a trans
mount that was bad.
The transmission problem is minor compared to the damage that they did to
the A/C system. I knew that one hose needed to be replaced so I gave them the
go ahead to replace the hose. Two weeks later I called them to get a status
update, at this point I was told that the condenser was bad, I gave the go
ahead to replace it.
Two weeks later I called again, the hose from the accumulator to the
compressor was bad, I also had them replace that.
Another week went by before they got the hose. and it took another few
days to realize that the threads on the accumulator was "bad" At this point
they decided to try to remove the accumulator, without my authorazation. In
the process of removing the accumulator their hacks broke the fitting on my
evaporator, which was a perfectally good part, untill they trashed it. Then
they decided to pull the entire dash and remove the evaporator, again without
my authorazition.
On july 11th called the owner (Lance) for another status update, it was
at this point I was told that there was a bill in the mail for just over
$2000, and that it would be another $2000 at least to get the AC working. I
was shocked to say the least. In any case I wanted to get my car out of
their as quickly as possable, AC working or not. I told him that I wanted my
car back, and I asked if it was drivable. I was shocked to hear that it was
not close to drivable, and that it would take a week to put it back together.
I had to see what in the world they did to my Delorean, which was drivable
when I took it there.
I took one look at her and I hit my knees, the entire dash was a pile of
parts, just thrown in the car, which was parked in the back of their storeage
lot. I told the slug that runs the place that I wanted my car driveable
asap, and questioned if his techs were even qualafied to sweep up the floors.
Lance informed me that my car would be ready the next week. Two weeks later
I finally got my car back but not without problems, hardly anything worked.
The high beams, turn signals, dash lights, clock, horn, lighter, radio, and
fan, all of which worked on May 7th when I took the car there, were not
working now, I spent the next day fixing all the stuff that these hacks
broke.
And to top it all off, I had requested my old parts back, espically the
evaporator. Lance informed me that they reinstalled the broken evaporator in
the dash. So this morning I decided to see if I could get the fitting that
his people broke fixed at the local metals shop. Supprise supprise, there
was no evaporator core in my dash. So either Lance is blind or just a flat
out FRAUD. Im going to put my money on the second answer.
In any case Lance tries to present himself as a Delorean expert, and a
honorable businessman, I can't decide which is more of a lie. I have never
had an experance where a customer and their car were treated with so little
respect. So please beware I dont want anyone else who owns a D to have to go
through spending over $2000 to have not have a problem fixed and to end up
with a $500 broken part, which was perfectally fine before.
At this point I am looking into legal options, in fact in Illinois it is
a crime to refuse old parts to a customer, I may go that route.

So please beware, and if there are any good delorean shops in the chicagoland
area, please tell me!

Andrew
4194

PS: Paradise Motorsport also clams to speicalize in Lincoln's, if you know
anyone that owns a Lincoln please warn them too.