Re: Camshaftbelt / drivechains / PRV Engine

Re: Camshaftbelt / drivechains / PRV Engine

PRV uses a chain. From what I've heard it will outlast other parts of
the engine and no special attention to it is required until you get
to a "normal" engine overhaul somewhere well past 100K miles.

Dave Swingle

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "Stian Birkeland" <delorean@xxxx> wrote:
> Hmm...on thin ice here but...
>
> I always hear stories of old cars breaking down/engine failure due
to old camshaftbelts which haven't been replaced in time. Very
expen$ive...

> But what about the DeLorean?
> As far as I can tell, the PRV uses chains...am I right? Or does it
use camshaftbelt?
> When should these be replaced?
>
> Or can DeLorean owners just keep on driving without having to worry
about the drive chains in the engine?