Re: [DML] Finding Light Bulbs

Admitedly, I am not an electronics expert. But I have been
researching a possible LED conversion for the interior, and exterior
lights on the DeLorean. Even on a couple of hobby sites that carry
instructions on how to convert regular flashlights over to LEDs, they
seem to state that you have to also solder an in-line resistor into
place. Even the "D" sized batteries in a flashlight are only 1.5V,
and the DeLorean is running a 12V system. I'm not shooting the idea
down, I think it's a great one. LEDs lighting up both the center
console panel, and the 3 warning lights below would be a VERY welcome
addition since they "burn" much cooler. I'm just saying that this
isn't going to be a plug and play conversion. And given the size of
the light blub sockets, you aren't going to get a resistor to easily
fit in with the bulb at the same time. It's like taking a regular
LED, and connecting it up to a 9V battery. It gets prety hot quickly.

Just a thought...

-Robert
vin 6585

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "Walter" <Whalt@xxxx> wrote:
> John,
>
> If you want the end-all light bulb replacement, use white LEDs.
Start with