Delorean one experience with tach

As many of you have realized by now, my tach does not work correctly, but gives an incorrect reading consistantly and refuses to drop below 1500 or go above 2500. Well I called up DMC One in Calif. And some guy got on the phone and he cut me off in the middle of, what my tach is doing speech, by esentaily insulting my intelligence with an attitude. After he realy got on my case I told him, HEY you never even let me say what is wrong. He simply wants to sell me a complete tune up kit and never helped me find out what I should do or if it could actually be my tach(Which by the way I was ready to order if need be). Anyway, have any of you all out there had the tach guage itself go bad and have the same disheartening runins with DMC One??(remember my tach is consistantly wrong and does not fluctuate) And as far as tuning the car up, I have already attended to with my race motor builder mind you, a tune up. So my car is A OK except for the tach.

Please help, Casey