Take two D's - call me in the morning

They should prescribe Delorean's for depressant
medication...

My wife is out of town with my son until 8/11 - been
gone since 6-1....

Needless to say, things are lonely.... been spending
most of my spare time with the car, washing her,
working on her, etc.

Well today I decided to wash her up like she was when
I got her... 4 hours I spent on the D at the car
wash... in that time must have had atleast 20 people
come up and talk about it... sharing stories, etc.
Felt real good to have something that brings so much
pleasure to not only me, but other people...

After that, I went to Walmart, and, I park in the back
of the store at the "lube express" so I dont get
dinged with car doors, etc. (lots less people parking
back there)... as I get out (and this is a first for
me), I hear yelling from the garage, "no way!!! and
this girl comes running out, "Oh my God! Is that???
Oh My God, it is! It's an actual real Delorean!"

Never had a female make a big deal out of it (well
except the hooters one, and that was different, cuz
this girl LOVED the car)...

Her boss came out and told her to get back to work and
I told him I was asking her questions about the
mechanics, etc of the car for an oil change (believe
me, I would NEVER take it to walmart for an oil
change, but wanted to keep her out of trouble)...

anyhow we talked awhile, I shared the history of the
car and JZD with her, and she almost broke into tears
when she found out the fate.... she thought they were
still being made, and actually thought I had just
bought mine when she saw the low miles... she had a
nissan 240sx which she was real proud of, and she
invited me out to the "cruise" strip.. which basically
is a street here in Abq, NM where people park in the
parking lots and show off their cars....

I'm older than most of them (I am 28, average age
there is probably 18-20), but, I had nothing else to
do, and I had just shined her up, so I was game...

about 9pm or so I headed out and was driving, and met
her at the McD's on the corner - and she was there
with her friends, and as soon as I pulled in I heard
her tell her friends, "I TOLD you I saw one!"...

anyhow, I got out, and for a few hours all of us
talked, and news spread quickly about the car, people
from the entire 7 mile strip of road were coming to
see it.... and these were younger kids...

After tonight - my opinion of the "youth" of today has
changed.... most of these kids were so friendly, and
were so greatful that they got to see a D.... nobody
their had seen one in real life, with the exception of
maybe 5 or 6 who had been to Universal Studios, and
never had got to see a real one, just the mockup they
have there.

When I take the D out, its amazing, I dont need to
tell you all this, because it happens to you too...
but I am so proud to have it, and it makes me feel so
good about myself. I made a lot of friends tonight...
nothing long term probably, but these are people whom
I would have never met had I not had this car out...

Every night I can't believe I ever considered selling
my baby... I can't explain the high I feel when I
drive her - and there are no words that can explain
the warm feeling I get when I look at it in a parking
lot, or I see people that stop, or actually pull over
to look at her.

So, if you're ever feeling depressed, or maybe just
like something is missing in life, take your D out -
it possesses something that I've seen nowhere else...
nothing duplicates the feeling it gives me when I take
her out, not food, not the best alcohol, and, I don't
do drugs, but I am sure not even the finest
anti-depressents could compete with the warm feeling
you get when someone comes up and says, "Wow! I can't
believe I am looking at a real Delorean."

I wonder if JZD still has one....I just can't see
anyone getting rid of one, especially the man who
dreamed it up, and blessed is with it's presence.

Mike
VIN 855