Engine adjustment question

When I got this car it was a basket case, when the engine would not
start I palyed with every thing to try to get it to start, (there was
a hidden kill switch and a cut coil wire), I would like to know what
are the basic settings I should use for the emmssions. There are
three strange looking screws (part #102391, PLUG) on the throttle
valve assy. I cannot find a clear answer on what these are and what
the adjustments should be. Can I buy the tools I need to adjust the
emissions on this car. (In my State Mass. this car is excempt from
the emissions test because of it's year, 1983 and older.)
Thanks.