Hot Start Problem: Temporary Fix.

In my last post, I gave an example of my hot start problem. I had a
jumper wire inserted into the hot start relay to fire the CSV
whenever the engine is cranked. The problem was the heat here, since
the engine wouldn't cool quickly enough due to the ambient air temp.
If I left my car for only a few minutes, it would have a hard time
starting. The pressure was still high enough in the system to fire
the injectors quickly, but the CSV would open up and flood the engine.

What I ended up doing was running two lengths of wire tie-wrapped
together. One wire was plugged into the return from the CSV, and the
second into the ground connection, both in the Hot Start Relay
socket. I then connected a push button switch to the other ends of
the wires. The button sits behind my parking brake with enough slack
so that I can pick it up with my left hand, and turn the ignition key
with my right hand. Now I can fire the CSV only when I need it to
asist me in starting my engine. Plus since it plugs into the HSR
socket with spade connectors, it can be installed with no
modifications to the system.

This isn't a supposed to be a permanent cure for my car, but it is
there to help me in emergency situations. It's also nice not just for
convience purposes, but saves from the embarassment of having to open
the engine cover in public to start your car.

-Robert