Fuel Tank Supplier (Was: Delorean Vin#000570)

Fuel Tank Supplier (Was: Delorean Vin#000570)

Here in Norway, there is a DeLorean with a very low VIN number in the 500-series, (558? can't remember right now) before the warranteed DeLoreans were sold.

I suspect this to be a DeLorean that was handed over to Dyno Industries here in Norway. Dyno was a major supplier to DMCL. Unfortunately, no-one at Dyno as of today remember about the project or the car. The plastic division was later sold to an american company called Walbro Automotive.

Those of you who know your history, will know that Dyno made the plastic fuel tank for the DeLorean. I'm proud to say that the DeLorean has a piece of Norwegian quality in it :)

I suppose Dyno had this car for testing and improvement etc. At the time being DMCL wanted a bigger fuel tank - 52 litres isn't that much, and early on the factory was concerned about the few miles the car could drive (compared to other cars) before you had to fill it with gas again.

Those of you who drive your DeLoreans daily, know that you have to fill gas very, very often compared to any other car be it old or new!

Btw, Dyno lost a "considerable amount of money" on the DeLorean project. I have the letter confirming this!

Since DMCL went bankrupt my guess is that Dyno simply "kept the car" as part of the payment owed to them by DeLorean, and later sold it off.

Nice deal...10,000 plastic fuel tanks for one DeLorean! ;)

Best wishes
Stian Birkeland
Norway

VIN # 06759