Re: [DML] Heat test

Scott, and others. 1st I would like to thanks all you who made
comments about my post. Look like I got everyone all stirred up and
in a constructive way, that and the comments is what makes new
products. If yall,(That's Texas for you all) remember several months
back about the hot start relay, boy did that get everyone thinking.
The thing I told everyone was, when your stranded in the desert and
can't get the car started, It would be nice to have a hot start relay
in the tool box for the emergency. Normally you can even find the
acuumulator, much less any one who can find it or fix it. I also get
calls from all over the country about problems people are having or
not having. The issue had come to me several times about the fan
circuit and the way it was wired. Knowing that most people can't
rewire the car to retro fit something new, or drilling and tapping a
hold to install a new sensor,the mechanical switch was thought of.
The reason for it was, you have everything turned on, and your
driving long distance at night and the battery isn't charging because
you still have the old alternator. So to prevent the no starting when
you kill the engine, Just cut off the fans when not needed to
conserve power. Watch your charging gauge go up when the fans are not
running. As you most know, they are the largest robber of power in
the car. Yes, I even forget my key's, so it's not for everyone, or
the mentally challenged, or the weak at heart, but in case of
emergency, I think people should know it can be done and the car will
do fine IF everything is in order. Mostly the radiator isn't stopped
up. The otterstat only turnes the fans on when the car coolant system
heats it up to trip the switch. In cooler weather, sometimes my fans
never come on. But, if you turn on the air conditioner, for what ever
reason, they come on untill the low pressure sensor switch turnes off
the compressor. Only if the sensor switch is bad or the car has been
rewired will the fans stay on all the time. If you can read a circuit
diagram the placement of the wire that energizes the fan relay is
after the low pressure switch. To sum up, air flow about 35 miles per
hour and up will render the fans drawing of air usless. Yes they will
still be turning some due to air flow, but there will be no current
or voltage going thru the brushes which will help deteriorate them
faster. But, the main reason was to kill off the fans when not needed
if your system isn't charging. Thanks againg for all the comments,
and I am looking into a air flow device that is easy to fit on the
car for any one. Please also remember, there are 1100 + members of
this group but 6000 average cars on the street, and of the 1100, more
than likley there is less than 200 to 300 active and even less vocal.
Thanks again, Sometimes I feel like Doc on BTTF.
John Hervey
http://www.specialtauto.com/