Re: [DML] R-12 -Vs- 134-a

Hi all,

There was a previous post that posted a few weeks back concerning
this. A larger condenser along with an "auto-adjusting" orifice tube
will make the R134a just as cold as R12...there may be a very small
degree difference between the two. The reason being that people are
unhappy with the R134a conversion is that it is done improperly. If
you just "drop" the R134a into the R12 system then you will have
unsatisfactory results. Unfortunately the manufactures of the R134a
retro-fit kit do not state this on the kit. They just recommend
changing the seals, evacuating the A/C of all the R12 and R12 oil and
charge it up. If you upgrade the condenser to allow the R134a to cool
faster along with the auto-adjusting orifice tube...you will have a
kick ass A/C system.

Steve